Texas Tax ID

Everything Taxes

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Texas Tax ID

Postby Steve » Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 am

Hi,
I applied for my Texas tax ID a month ago, and they said it would take 2-3 weeks to process. No certificate in the mail today, which is the day I'm leaving for A-Kon, so I called them, and the Texas comptroller said they were way behind processing these forms.

They also said that the tax application summary with my taxpayer number and effective sale date is more than enough to set up in Dallas, and that you can call them at 1-800-252-5555 if you have any questions about that.

My question is ... will that be enough to set up tomorrow??

Thanks!
Steve

Re: Texas Tax ID

Postby Yume » Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

I don't know how since I haven't done it before, but you should be able to print out a copy of your Tax ID. I know staff has required that of people in the past. I am sure the Texas comptroller could probably instruct you how to get to that info to print out, if someone on here doesn't.
Yume

Postby Steve » Thu May 31, 2012 10:07 am

I have my Tax ID number right here on the summary form ... but what I don't have is the certificate.

Looking at the original e-mail blast from Artist's Alley, it seems to imply that the ID number is all we will need. Here's hoping!
Steve

Postby Starrydance » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 pm

Steve wrote:I have my Tax ID number right here on the summary form ... but what I don't have is the certificate.

Looking at the original e-mail blast from Artist's Alley, it seems to imply that the ID number is all we will need. Here's hoping!

Late reply (Sorry!) but yes, number is all ya need =3
Starrydance

Return to Taxes