Weslaco, TX (and surrounding area) Events

Discuss conventions and convention artist alleys here

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Weslaco, TX (and surrounding area) Events

Postby meauho » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:41 pm

NOTICE: Avoid Anime Events in Weslaco and Surrounding Areas
Several Anime studios are releasing an "Avoid All Events" notice to their Voice Actors, Producers, Directors and other potential anime event guests.

It seems that after a recent event in Weslaco, TX - several VAs started notifying other VAs (and the public via Facebook and Twitter) of their experience with an Avoid recommendation.
Shortly afterward, the event organizer changed the name of the event, and announced several guests WITHOUT CONFIRMING THEM.
After this was made public, all information for the event was deleted, and a third event was created - by the same person - which also announced guests who had never been asked.

There is one event that is currently scheduled in Weslaco - a 1 day event - that is looking for Dealers and Artists, and is run by the same person.
AnimeCons.com has been tracking changes and new conventions submitted from the same email address and notifying guests.
Because of the multiple event name changes and cancellations, VAs are being told that simply avoiding all events in this area is probably the safest option.
meauho

Re: Weslaco, TX (and surrounding area) Events

Postby Kiriska » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:17 pm

...Huh. Crazy. No word on what transpired that triggered this, or the previous names of the events?

I found a KishiCon, but little else.
Kiriska

Postby ToriKat » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 am

Yikes. O_o;

I'm going to assume that it's this con? http://animecons.com/events/info.shtml/ ... Certo_2014
ToriKat

Postby meauho » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

ToriKat wrote:Yikes. O_o;

I'm going to assume that it's this con? http://animecons.com/events/info.shtml/ ... Certo_2014

Yep, that one.
meauho

Return to Other Conventions