Brony Fan Fair *suspicious email*

Discuss conventions and convention artist alleys here

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Brony Fan Fair *suspicious email*

Postby RavenMoon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:26 am

Did anyone else get an email from "Christi" from "Brony Fun Fair" asking for money to be sent to a Gmail address through PayPal?

While it's not completely improbable they don't have a domain email address, I also can't find this person anywhere on the staff page, and the event is incorrectly named in both the subject line and the signature bar.

I responded to point out my concerns and asked her to please have an established, known staff member contact me regarding account details. If I have any updates, I'll share.

.....just......sketchy.....
RavenMoon

Re: Brony Fan Fair *suspicious email*

Postby Buzzard » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Email just received from the Con Chair:
Peter C. Jiang <peter@bronyfanfair.com> wrote:Hello all:

You've recently received an email from our new Exhibits Coordinator, Christi Esparza and I am writing this to confirm that her email is indeed valid and falls under Brony Fan Fair business. In light of our former Exhibits Coordinator, Melissa Henderson's, departure from our convention, Christi has volunteered to take up Melissa's former responsibilities and I thank her for her initiative.

Although the email erroneously represented "Brony Fun Fair," Christi is a legitimate representative of Brony Fan Fair. This error is simply a failure on my part to inform Christi about our convention, as she volunteered to help without being fully familiar with our small convention. I appreciate her help and her enthusiasm to assist us with our convention - after all, friendship is magic.

In regards to the paypal email address, bronyfanfair@gmail.com, our email address for Paypal is indeed as such. We registered with this email address before we registered our http://www.BronyFanFair.com domain name in 2012. Christi passed the word along at my urging and I felt that it was more immediate and direct to send via this process. However, if any of you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, we can set up another alternative through a Whindo page as we did last year.

Thank you for your time and I apologize for any confusion that we may have caused. I do believe there are still some kinks we need to iron out in our current information on our exhibitors and we will strive to get everything cleared up in a timely manner before the convention next month. Despite this hiccup, I hope that all of us can continue to work together to put on a great show for Brony Fan Fair 2014.

Please do not hesitate to email Christi in regards to your exhibition needs for Brony Fan Fair 2014.
Buzzard

Postby RavenMoon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 am

I just got it as well, thank you, Buzzard :)
RavenMoon

Postby tsarren » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Melissa, if you see this, wondering if you'd be willing to comment on why you left? I realize it may be some life event that's taking you away from this and possibly other cons, but if it's something about the way BFF is being run, I'd like to know. Have kept them in mind for vending in the future.
tsarren

Return to Other Conventions