Texas Vintage Toy Expo (last March, Dallas)- anyone do this?

Discuss conventions and convention artist alleys here

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Texas Vintage Toy Expo (last March, Dallas)- anyone do this?

Postby tsarren » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

The last update on their FB page was them offering free entry for Sunday. No pics from the event posted there, either (just fan pics and memes, some of which are just not appropriate... if I were organizing a vintage toy convention, I would not allow staff to post pictures of the 'human barbie doll').

Some sad pics (no people) and complaints from attendees posted here:
https://mbasic.facebook.com/profile.php?v=timeline&filter=2&timecutoff=1394404604&sectionLoadingID=m_timeline_loading_div_1420099199_1388563200_8_&timeend=1420099199&timestart=1388563200&tm=AQDqx-7QtaEfhzHP&id=364177103685419&refid=17 (I can't tell if this is a snapshot of Facebook or what, but I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers deleted the negative comments)

Thought this was maybe worth posting since, IIRC, I got a flyer about this con from Hightower, and maybe if someone here went, they know other organizer names so the rest of us can be on the lookout.

Something else that I seem to remember getting from Hightower (I could be wrong) was a flyer on Nxpo, which wound up not even happening.

I guess both are a reminder of the hazards of signing up for first-year cons, to do due diligence, etc.
tsarren

Re: Texas Vintage Toy Expo (last March, Dallas)- anyone do t

Postby meauho » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:07 am

From what I gather from reviews around the web over the last few months - even people who like the organizers are going to start avoiding cons that they are affiliated with because they haven't been worth attending, with free badges, when they lived close by (and selling is worse). Several vendors reported that the DR was packing up and leaving before mid-day Saturday.
meauho

Return to Other Conventions