Anime Matsuri this year, and 2016

Discuss conventions and convention artist alleys here

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Anime Matsuri this year, and 2016

Postby tsarren » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Was anyone there this year? I had a 'front row' table, facing the dealers, and my sales were easily half what they were last year (and last year's sales, first year at the GRRB convention center, were down about 40% compared to 2012-13). Foot traffic seemed sparse. The big gap between AA and the DR tables probably didn't help.

They're asking for $160 for a table and one badge; doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Table sale link is here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/anime-mats ... 6618900579
tsarren

Re: Anime Matsuri this year, and 2016

Postby Aisha » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't like their rules. You can't share a table, and you have to buy all additional badges when you buy a table. You can't get additional badges at a later date.
Since I have no idea if I can even make it, I'm passing on them until they have better rules.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Kiiyame » Fri May 01, 2015 2:52 pm

I was there this year, shared just fine. 99% of the volunteers were really rude though. Sales wise it was really crappy, it seemed like people just weren't spending money in the AA. (I had a lot of fun though, so overall I say it was worth it.)
I went ahead and bought a table for next year seeing as I have friends I can stay with for free. Really hoping next year yields more positive results.
Kiiyame

Postby tachiik » Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 am

Well i was there this year. Last year was DISMAL!!!! i did less than half of what i was making when the convention was at the woodlands. The layout helped a little this year because they moved a lot of stuff downstairs. It still feels weird being in that giant dealers room but sales are back up for me personally. It wasn't constant bombarding crazy sales but they were somewhat constant. I'll be returning. I was just under a giant vent all weekend that blew my posters back and forth and was super cold. but i heard the other side of the dealers room was really hot.
tachiik

Return to Other Conventions