Onicon 2016

Discuss conventions and convention artist alleys here

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Onicon 2016

Postby oanhderbread » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am

I haven't vended at Onicon in three years, and even then I had only vended for 8 hours on Saturday (and totaled the car... haha). I'm waitlisted this year because I failed to pay attention to artist sign ups for most cons. The waitlisted artists were offered a dealers table for a higher price. Has anyone ever done this in Onicon's dealers room? I remember seeing at least one artist when I was there. Wondering if the traffic is worth the higher price? For nonlocal cons we don't have anyone to split rooms with since we're more than shy so we have to make a lot more to cover just the room (it's just my sister, my husband, and myself when we travel). Thanks for any feedback!
oanhderbread

Re: Onicon 2016

Postby tsarren » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Yes, I've done it for 3 years (though the first year was an actual 10x10 dealer booth). I can't tell you if it's worth the higher price, since I've never been out in the Alley proper, so nothing to compare to. The placement is semi-annoying since sometimes we end up facing the closed-off back end of a big dealer spot (like they didn't make their store open to the path that passes between the artist tables and themselves, for whatever reason).

I took this option because I'm getting to old to tear down and set up every day. But, not too old to camp - I always stay at Galveston Island State Park, saves a lot of money, and they have a nice huge updated bathroom with plenty of hot water for the showers.

Sales-wise, I've found Oni in the dealer's room to be comparable kind of to Ikkicon, and also kind of to Anime Matsuri in '14 and '15.
tsarren

Return to Other Conventions