Animefest 2012

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: Animefest 2012

Postby Hastur » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:44 am

I will be there, but I'm in the Dealer's room again, like in previous years. I really prefer the Dealer's room when I can - not having to schlep stuff back to the room makes a HUGE difference.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions. - Blaise Pascal
Hastur

Postby paraparatara » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 am

I am basically ready for what its worth. I have been trying to reorganize the craft room and its gotten a bit out of control.

If I can find my flocked earring cards and earnuts I would be in SUCH a better place but ... they are somewhere within the depths of the craft cafe.

Maybe this weekend I can put some more effort into getting that goings. :) We shall see.
paraparatara

Postby RavenMoon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Heya ParaParaTara-

I have a whole bag of blacked flocked 1" earring cards laying around. They're marked "hypoallergenic", so I'm not sure if that's a problem, but if you can use them, they're all yours. I know you're in Austin, so hope this helps.

(Tried to send a PM, but I guess I'm not active enough on here yet, so hitting you up here instead)

ravenmoon (at) fuzumi (dot) com
RavenMoon

Postby paraparatara » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:12 pm

If you are at Afest I will TOTALLY take you up on those (plus I think we were supposed to speak about me taking beads off your hands too)
Ill take you to a fancy dinner!

Since everything I make is hypoallergenic these days those would be lovely!

Are you going to be in dealers room or AA this year? Let me know!
paraparatara

Postby Buzzard » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 am

If fancy dinners are to be had, try to make time to organize a trip to Tokyo One; beautiful-- just beautiful-- sushi (the high quality stuff, too, unagi and tako and hotategai oh my) and freshly made ramen and perfectly roast beast and mascarpone cheesecake and creme brulee for ~$25~ per person, ALL YOU CAN EAT.
Buzzard

Postby chrislea » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:44 pm

It's probably on the site somewhere, but where do we check in? Do we wait with attendees, skip the line, or go to a specific artist/vendor check-in table?

I think I'll be getting in just after lunch time on Friday.
chrislea

Postby Yume » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd put up a journal with all the important specs but.... fffff prep ;A;

Check-in is at the info desk at Registration. Check-in Thrusday-Friday. Setup is "Friday ONLY". Con officially starts around noonish Friday, etc, etc. All this info is in the contract.

Table maps are out btw (check your e-mails), and I counted 132 tables (which does include convention tables... they are mixed in), does anyone remember how many tables were at A-Kon? I'd be REALLY surprise if the sales are better than last year, and last year was bad for me haha ^_^;; so low on funds ;-;
Yume

Postby Aisha » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Anybody know if the tables will be secure at night? I need to know if I can leave my stuff there or if I take it home every night.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Yume » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Aisha wrote:Anybody know if the tables will be secure at night? I need to know if I can leave my stuff there or if I take it home every night.

Nope, it's not suppose to be secure at night. I recall the contract said something about the AA will be closed from 3am-8am? o3o
But I wouldn't count on it being "secure" or 100% closed off. Ask Julie to be sure.
Yume

Postby Aisha » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Yume wrote:
Aisha wrote:Anybody know if the tables will be secure at night? I need to know if I can leave my stuff there or if I take it home every night.

Nope, it's not suppose to be secure at night. I recall the contract said something about the AA will be closed from 3am-8am? o3o
But I wouldn't count on it being "secure" or 100% closed off. Ask Julie to be sure.

Ok. I was planning on taking my stuff back and forth each day anyway.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Aisha

Postby tsarren » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Does anyone in the dealer's room actually know where the dealer's room / loading dock is? This info is not in the email we got a week ago and I have no idea where I should park once I actually get into the vicinity of the hotel. I have emailed Jo and sent a message to their FB page, but no response yet.
tsarren

Postby KrisCynical » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

So... is anybody going to post any after-con reports? I'm sure there's plenty of... interesting ones besides my own, particularly concerning the alley.

One thing I do want to note is that the table layout was NOT Julie's doing, as I found out on Thursday night. Someone else with the con just handed her the layout map and said "do it". She caught heat for that layout all weekend and it was totally not fair to her. I felt bad for her all weekend!

Anybody else have anything to say? I'm kind of sad this forum doesn't seem to have the activity on it that the old starcrossd forum did. :(
Kristin's Studio
deviantART

"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize."
--Robert Hughes
KrisCynical

Postby Aisha » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 pm

My only complaint was that some artists took over empty tables that were next to them. One had even claimed four tables. Seems unfair as we are allowed a maximum of 1 table, and paid for 1 table.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Aisha

Postby Yume » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:36 pm

KrisCynical wrote:So... is anybody going to post any after-con reports? I'm sure there's plenty of... interesting ones besides my own, particularly concerning the alley.

One thing I do want to note is that the table layout was NOT Julie's doing, as I found out on Thursday night. Someone else with the con just handed her the layout map and said "do it". She caught heat for that layout all weekend and it was totally not fair to her. I felt bad for her all weekend!

Anybody else have anything to say? I'm kind of sad this forum doesn't seem to have the activity on it that the old starcrossd forum did. :(

Ah, sorry Kris! I have a lot to say about afest and it's AA (mostly good and some bad) but I've been dealing with issues and home stuff ;u; But what you said explains a lot, Julie was so tired ;-; (I kept running into her on elevators lol) I let her know I really liked my spot though. I hope next year they will either have fewer AA tables upstairs or move them All down stairs. The artist tables right next to the autograph session tables (I think that's what they were) were getting WAY too little traffic and there was enough room downstairs for them :)

I'll write a report later ;u; I just gotta attend to other things first :)
Yume

Postby meauho » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:09 pm

One thing that I brought up to staff on site were the number of people in the AA who had absolutely no business in the AA. Downloading and printing out stickers is never art -- and "Vectoring" is a lousy excuse for bootlegging.
meauho

PreviousNext

Return to 2012