A-kon Countdown Chatter (TOMORROW!!!!!!!!)

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: A-kon Countdown Chatter (10 Days)

Postby tsarren » Mon May 27, 2013 3:46 pm

oanhderbread wrote:I'm so stressed out, but it's not bc con is in less than a week, but more so bc friends are giving me a hard time for not hanging out bc I need to sew. I hardly table at cons and now i feel like a crappy friend. One of them was like, you ditching us to make $4/hr sewing? Ughhh. :(

Real friends hang out with you while you're making stuff at home. Or at least don't complain if you bring stuff to work on at hang-outs elsewhere. They are the crappy friends, not you! :)
tsarren

Re: A-kon Countdown Chatter (THREE!!)

Postby Spizzy » Tue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm

While I'm still technically here, I'm pretty much no longer on the forums from here on out and leave tomorrow. Don't make anything explode ok guys?
Spizzy

Postby Aisha » Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 am

Oh dear, I hope I'm not making myself sick with all this stressing to get things finished. :(
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Starrydance » Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 am

I always wonder if we get concrud from our unhealthy con prep habits of SHEER STRESS
Starrydance

Postby Aisha » Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 am

Starrydance wrote:I always wonder if we get concrud from our unhealthy con prep habits of SHEER STRESS

I'll have to make sure to bring hand sanitizer and drink lots of water. I've never gotten the crud, but this is also my first time in the Artists Alley for realz.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Aisha

Postby AshHavynn » Wed May 29, 2013 10:40 am

I had to work all of memorial day weekend on top of crafting like a madwoman, and I can already feel my immune system dropping. Remember to take your vitamins, everyone! I had a manager once who swore by that airborne (? The immune system enhancer) stuff during times like these.
AshHavynn

Postby KrisCynical » Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

AshHavynn wrote:I had to work all of memorial day weekend on top of crafting like a madwoman, and I can already feel my immune system dropping. Remember to take your vitamins, everyone! I had a manager once who swore by that airborne (? The immune system enhancer) stuff during times like these.

That stuff is the nastiest swill on the face of the earth. I took it once in college when I was going to be flying home during flu season, and it made me wretch with one sip. I've heard since then that it doesn't work anyway. >_>

From my own experience, Purell really is the way to go. We've also found that while off brands put a NASTY taste on your fingers when you eat stuff, Purell doesn't. Our household buys the liquid spray "pens" of it ~45 at a time in a display box off of amazon so they cost about $1.50 each, and we seriously go through five pens at A-kon. We literally spray every time we do ANYTHING because money. Is. Filthy. I think the constant handling of money is what gives us artists con crud more than anything. :\
Kristin's Studio
deviantART

"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize."
--Robert Hughes
KrisCynical

Postby Aisha » Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 am

Ugh, I also need to get a stylus for my phone. I don't want people using their nasty fingers to sign on my phone.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Aisha

Postby KrisCynical » Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 am

This is going to be my first con using the phone swiper (ProPay JAK), so I hope that works okay. I'll definitely need a phone charger to make sure I have enough juice to keep my phone going... and I hope I have enough reception to use it. That's been a problem for me sometimes at the Sheraton in the past.
Kristin's Studio
deviantART

"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt; perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize."
--Robert Hughes
KrisCynical

Postby Starrydance » Wed May 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Its why I even sell hand sanitizer now! Gotta protect thyself.
Starrydance

Postby AshHavynn » Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Hand Sanitizer? Really? Starry I need to buy some more stuff from you.
...Ugh, I keep forgetting to buy, I think it's chapstick, from you. I can seriously never have enough chapstick, I'm addicted to it. Or lip balm. Whatever.

Guys, I think I'm actually ready. I finished printing signs, that's right, signs and prices, and now I'm just stocking some extra 4x6 prints because why not.
What a relief!

Now I can start planning what kinds of cosmetics to buy from Starry... Do you have anything with lion/greek/griffin themes?
AshHavynn

Postby Aisha » Wed May 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh god, I'm so not ready!
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Aisha

Postby Starrydance » Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 pm

AshHavynn wrote:Hand Sanitizer? Really? Starry I need to buy some more stuff from you.
...Ugh, I keep forgetting to buy, I think it's chapstick, from you. I can seriously never have enough chapstick, I'm addicted to it. Or lip balm. Whatever.

Guys, I think I'm actually ready. I finished printing signs, that's right, signs and prices, and now I'm just stocking some extra 4x6 prints because why not.
What a relief!

Now I can start planning what kinds of cosmetics to buy from Starry... Do you have anything with lion/greek/griffin themes?

I have much lip balm this year and even maor solid perfumes.

No new eyeshadows however they didnt sell too well. I need more Lions its true, the only stuff I have currently is Griffindor.
Starrydance

Postby chrislea » Wed May 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Ohhh, we hit the road tomorrow. I'll just set an alarm and crawl into bed...

...and twenty hours later, I'll finally be able to sleep - right when it's inconvenient. XD;
chrislea

Postby Kiiyame » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 am

I've been looking for the past 3 hours for my Tax ID... It's not where I put it after sign ups and I'm afraid it's just plain and simply gone.
Do I have to have a copy with me at check in, or would I be able to just pull up the thing on the comptroller website?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. But maybe someone else needs an answer in case they lost theirs so?
Last edited by Kiiyame on Thu May 30, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiiyame

PreviousNext

Return to 2013