2013 A-Kon Artist Alley Invitees (FULL)

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: 2013 A-Kon Artist Alley Invitees

Postby meauho » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 am

The "refresh thing" did NOT get people in 10 minutes early.

According to the logs - the people who got in early completely skipped the first page/ timer. In other words, they left the database open from the test until the signups DESPITE the fact that it was specifically stated that the test was for a short period of time only. We know who they are, and next year that will be disqualifying criteria (this year we just looked at when they actually went through the full reg process (including the first page) - if they did at all. If they didn't, it sucks to be them.
meauho

Postby tachiik » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 am

YAY JUST GOT THE INVITE AND PAID!!!!!! woots!!!!!! now have to put in my poster orders!!! I am so poor now....
tachiik

Postby Aisha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am

And now that I've checked to make sure I have funds, I finally paid for my table! Now I need to go busy myself with making sure I finish the semester before immersing myself into endless work. @.@
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Buzzard » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 pm

meauho wrote:The "refresh thing" did NOT get people in 10 minutes early.

According to the logs - the people who got in early completely skipped the first page/ timer. In other words, they left the database open from the test until the signups DESPITE the fact that it was specifically stated that the test was for a short period of time only. We know who they are, and next year that will be disqualifying criteria (this year we just looked at when they actually went through the full reg process (including the first page) - if they did at all. If they didn't, it sucks to be them.

What the actual hell? Are you saying that there were people who no-kiddin' left the beta test page open in a browser window from the test time until the live signup so that they could fraudulently complete the process ten minutes early?

I would very much like to know who in the %$#& was that stupid/sleazy, so that I know not to trust them any farther than I could pick them up and Dragon Suplex them. I don't want to have a table next to someone like that at another convention.
Buzzard

Postby tachiik » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 pm

....that is so lame....to leave that window open for that long....well lets hope those people just got bumped to the bottom of the list
tachiik

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Buzzard wrote:
meauho wrote:The "refresh thing" did NOT get people in 10 minutes early.

What the actual hell? Are you saying that there were people who no-kiddin' left the beta test page open in a browser window from the test time until the live signup so that they could fraudulently complete the process ten minutes early?

i think it's hilarious people think we can't see that they signed up ten minutes earlier than everyone else. Or that leaving the test page open is not considered cheating the system. YOU GUYS, THEY FILLED OUT THE FORM SO FAST, THEY BROKE SPACE-TIME. Yea. right.

I would suggest that we change the test page so that it kicks people out after testing is done, but I'd rather just kick out people who are determined to cheat.
Spizzy

Postby Angrypandagin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Hmmm now I'm just worried I might have put my email in wrong... >_>;
Angrypandagin

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:36 pm

All invites have been sent -- if you need to get pre-registration badges to attend the con or file for a refund on ones you've already purchased (if you got invites for a table), you might want to do it really quickly (like right now)
Spizzy

Re: 2013 A-Kon Artist Alley Invitees (FULL)

Postby Aisha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 pm

I was about to be like "Hey, I'm not on the list" when I realized new acceptances haven't been added to the list yet.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I'll be getting it updated with invites tomorrow and hastur will come through with confirms after that
Spizzy

Postby DianaSprinkle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 pm

Wow I thought I was pretty fast this year all and all but I guess the auto-fill not working for me really sank my chances. I hope I'm on the waiting list somewhere at least.
DianaSprinkle

Postby Sekaris » Wed May 01, 2013 7:13 am

When the db test was live, I took screenshots of every page (on my phone, even, because i was mobile when it started) so I would know what information I would need (and which ones to have copy pasted) and not freak out if there was a form field i never encountered (of which there were a few). I also took screenshots of all the policies that i would read through before the real deal, since i'd be shooting right through them during actual signups.

When the signups were starting, my table partner was in class, and though she managed to find a computer, she forgot to write down her tax id to bring with her, so I was like our only chance. p re sSUre.! ..

After some crazy furious typing, I left the last page open, took a deep breath, messaged her about it, and navigated back and forth a few pages to make sure that I didn't miss something. But I kind of left one of the pages open as one of the many tabs open in my chrome jungle, butcloseditout faster than a rogue popup ad when i read on the forums that the all-seeing eye KNOWS WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE.

or when your tab is, at least.

I did get a little hesitant when some of the pages told me I couldn't go forward without filling out the required form fields again, but I figured that as long as I didn't hit the final submit, it would be fine. Then A mod said that they collected multiple timestamps at different points of the signup though, so I don't know how valid those figurings were.

Though...maybe I should have written this in the chatter thread...
i mean it's kinda on topic
yeah.. .
Sekaris

Postby Spizzy » Sun May 05, 2013 12:06 pm

alright, I got the list of invitees updated and the thread reopened in turn. I will run through an note confirmations later but at this point it's not a high priority -- if you paid you're in, don't worry about what this list says.
Spizzy

Postby idrawrainbows » Mon May 06, 2013 10:49 am

Hello :) I'd gotten an invitation, but it doesn't look like I've been added to the final list of invitees here (my business name is idrawrainbows). I just wanted to check that I was still on the list to get a table (for peace of mind's sake XD) Thanks guys!
idrawrainbows

Postby ShinobiOnToast » Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 pm

idrawrainbows wrote:Hello :) I'd gotten an invitation, but it doesn't look like I've been added to the final list of invitees here (my business name is idrawrainbows). I just wanted to check that I was still on the list to get a table (for peace of mind's sake XD) Thanks guys!

Hi there. Have you already paid for your table? Like people have been saying, the list might not be accurate, but if you have your invoice/bill, then you definitely have a spot.
ShinobiOnToast

PreviousNext

Return to 2013