The Roommate thread

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

The Roommate thread

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 pm

We were missing this thread and now that all invites are out, figured people might need it again

Here's a general guideline to keep in mind when asking for roommates:

Are you looking for room or have a room to share; Give location and how many beds, etc
What days you need / days you have booked
Your gender
Genders you are ok rooming with
Amount of people ok rooming with
Price range you're looking for
What time you expect to go to bed, and if you're a light sleeper or not
Any activities you may want to have in the room (working on commissions, having parties, other stuff, etc)
Bathroom usage (do you use the bathroom for applying make up in the morning, cosplay prep, take long showers etc)

etc. those are the only ones I can think of right away.
Spizzy

Re: The Roommate thread

Postby chrislea » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Edited as per requested -- has found a room

old message:

I am looking for a room!
What days you need: Erm, this depends on my ride - probably Thursday-Saturday nights.
Your gender: female
Genders you are ok rooming with: Either or, but trustworthy above all
Amount of people ok rooming with: 4-6. I come with an air mat, so I don't need a bed!
Price range you're looking for: Just a reasonable price. No 400$-a-night rooms. XD
What time you expect to go to bed, and if you're a light sleeper or not: Generally I turn in at 11-12, and I like to be out the door by 8:30. I can sleep through lights turned on and conversation, but not loud music and shouting.
Any activities you may want to have in the room (working on commissions, having parties, other stuff, etc): No parties. I'm okay with sewing machines and commissions, etc.
Bathroom usage (do you use the bathroom for applying make up in the morning, cosplay prep, take long showers etc): I can shower at night or morning, and I guess they're of medium duration. I don't have any cosplay, and I'm pretty quick with makeup.

In short: Convention Fun Chrislea comes complete with her own noms, towel, and bed! Party and cat food not included. Other dolls sold seperately.
chrislea

Postby Kiriska » Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 am

old message:

What days you need: Thursday-Saturday night.
Genders you are ok rooming with: Don't care.
Number of people ok rooming with: 5-7 preferred, but I don't care as long as everyone is courteous. I've been in rooms with up to 11 people without issue. However, I would prefer a bed if possible. Back problems. u_u;
Price range: Flexible.
Sleep situation: Bed before midnight preferred. Like Chrislea, I can sleep through conversation and lights, but not loud music or whatever.
Room situation: No parties. I'm okay with sewing machines and commissions, etc.
Bathroom usage: I prefer to shower at night. 10-15 minutes tops. I don't do make-up or cosplay.
Location preference: High preference for the Anatole, but can make do with the Garden Inn or anything in the immediate vicinity.
Kiriska

Postby chrislea » Thu May 02, 2013 4:20 am

I've got a place now! Just- yes, Post #2is null now! ^_~
chrislea

Postby neither elinor » Thu May 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Old message:

I have a double booked at the Anatole for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Need at least 3 roommates, would prefer more (5+)- I have no problem bringing a sleeping bag if people don't want to crash on the same bed. Room is further from convention hall. Room runs 185 per night + tax (213.23 after), so with 4 people it would be 53.31 a night, 5 it would be 42.65, and 6, 35.54.

Payment would be at check-in.

Female.

Would prefer female roommates, but I'm not picky.

I don't care what your sleep schedule is, so long as you're relatively quiet.

No booze, drugs, parties, etc.

May stay elsewhere if I can't get roommates.

Will provide muffins.
Last edited by neither elinor on Thu May 02, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neither elinor

Postby Kiiyame » Thu May 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Old message:

What days I need: Thurs - Sun
Your gender: Female
Genders you are ok rooming with: Mainly Female but if its a male I know thats ok
Amount of people ok rooming with: 4-6?
Price range you're looking for: Hopefully around $150 for the weekend or less
What time you expect to go to bed, and if you're a light sleeper or not: Whenever I'm done with commissions. (Midnightish)
Any activities you may want to have in the room: working on commissions
Bathroom usage: I shower first thing when I wake up and I do use up like a good 30 minutes in he bathroom.

I'd really prefer to room with people I know. ;w; Otherwise elinor I may take you up on your offer!
Kiiyame

Postby Kiriska » Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Elinor, I will probably take you up on that too if I can't find something with someone I already know. You're in AA too, yeah? So we'd be on the same schedule anyway. o:
Kiriska

Postby Spizzy » Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

also if you guys want me to edit your post to say you're no longer looking (just so it's easier to see who's still available) let me know -- since this forum doesn't show whether a post has been edited I changed it so that once it's passed one day you can no longer edit it (just so people can't come in and completely change a post with no way to know).
Spizzy

Postby Aisha » Fri May 03, 2013 9:24 am

I think many of us may be taking up elinor's offer. I'll have to see what my kon funds are after next weekend.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby X-Chan » Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi everyone, I have a room booked at the Days Inn Market Center (next to dennys south east of the anatole, walkable). There are 2 queen beds, wifi and free continental breakfast in the morning. It's $97 a night and $335 for thursday-sunday including taxes.

Days we have: Thursday to Saturday nights, Sunday checkout
Gender: we are 2 girls and 1 guy, all artists from Canada. Ideally looking for 1 or 2 more artists to join us M or F
Price: $84 pp between 4 people, or $67 if shared between 5 people
Sleep situation: we're not picky with sharing beds or flooring it. We usually wake up early for AA and then go grab food after hours then come back to work on commissions a bit. We're looking for artists that would be on a similar schedule.
Bathroom situations: 2 night showerers and 1 really quick morning showerer.

I also have a room near DFW airport on Sunday night at the Ramada DFW north since two of us are flying out Monday. If anyone is interested in that let me know. It's $45 for the night and we're looking for 1 more.
X-Chan

Postby Kiriska » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Kiiyame and I have both found a room.
Kiriska

Postby neither elinor » Sun May 26, 2013 9:07 pm

Have found roommates.
neither elinor

Postby centimetre » Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Anyone have room for two?? Please pm me, thanks!
centimetre

Return to 2013