Akon 2013 Map!

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby chrislea » Sun May 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Oooh, next to photography. This means I'll get to see all the yummiest cosplay without having to search for them, yess~? :lol:

*squeal* It feels like it's a month away, not four days away, you guys!! O_O
chrislea

Postby Starrydance » Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 am

idrawrainbows wrote:I looked the maps over a few times, but I didn't see my table listed on them (business name is idrawrainbows). Just wanted to check if it was missed or if I'm not seeing it or something? XD
(Sorry I don't mean to be a bother! :) especially this close to the con >.<) Thanks!

I remember seeing it there, but the online excel thing isnt working - its where she stores the map.

If you have paid, you have a table, so dont worry about that!
Starrydance

Postby Starrydance » Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 am

ShinobiOnToast wrote:Out of curiosity, those on the corners of the banks still have a 6 by 6 space, right? I don't mean to make a fuss either, but given how my booth is set up, I don't want to be encroaching on someone else's room--it looks like the people on the corners each back onto the same area.

The corners are a bit more cramped. If your display just wont fit there - and Im unsure I can get any map edits to Hastur before the convention - please just say something at signin. Theres still some room to swap folks around.
Starrydance

Postby Starrydance » Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 am

If you do have such a big display its important to put that in your signup information.

If you did and we missed it, then bad on us! <3 We base tables on 99% not needing the 'back' for their actual display and tend to remember those that do.

Pretty much there wont be live swaps before the con this year, its just too close to the line. Please go to con ops asap on Thursday and tell them BUT I TALKED TO STARRY AND...

Dont abuse that line, however, because Ill hear about it!
Starrydance

Postby Buzzard » Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

Woooo, I am going to suffer by comparison!
*glasses go solid white, does a little dance*
Buzzard

Postby Alicechan » Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am

Hey Starry, I just download the app akon released and it positions the rows like this

Are EGF really going to be directly under ABC? (How will they fit?! XD)
Alicechan

Postby Starrydance » Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 am

Trust that above me! Im working off her excel and she never did see my question about which way do they go.

ALL IN A LINE THEN!

Thanks Alicechan, I looked all over the Akon site and then got distracted. That makes way more sense the way the ballroom is, I was like, how is that going to POSSIBLY fit?!
Starrydance

Postby ShinobiOnToast » Mon May 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Not so much big, as just not a storefront-type setup with the table at the front. We actually pull the table to the back or the side of the square, and work in the remaining four feet--is this still going to be possible at a corner slot? I thought I put in the signup sheet that the booth was open for people to come in and be worked on; sorry. ><;
ShinobiOnToast

Postby Starrydance » Mon May 27, 2013 2:54 pm

ShinobiOnToast wrote:Not so much big, as just not a storefront-type setup with the table at the front. We actually pull the table to the back or the side of the square, and work in the remaining four feet--is this still going to be possible at a corner slot? I thought I put in the signup sheet that the booth was open for people to come in and be worked on; sorry. ><;

You'll need to be put off a corner, no big deal. Ill let Hastur know but it might not be fixed til live @ Con.

And you prolly did, we had to rush through things due to the late date of ALLTHETHINGS this year
Starrydance

Postby NikkiWardArt » Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Hey there! My name is Nikki Ward (Spiral Moon Studios), and I had a quick question. I was able to pay for my table but didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, and I don't see my company name on the map. I'm a bit worried, heh. Just trying not to panic, since the show is in a few days =) If someone could please contact me and let me know where my table is, I'd be so very, very grateful!

Thanks for all your time and help :)

Nikki
NikkiWardArt.deviantart.com
NikkiWardArt

Postby Aisha » Mon May 27, 2013 4:36 pm

NikkiWardArt wrote:Hey there! My name is Nikki Ward (Spiral Moon Studios), and I had a quick question. I was able to pay for my table but didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, and I don't see my company name on the map. I'm a bit worried, heh. Just trying not to panic, since the show is in a few days =) If someone could please contact me and let me know where my table is, I'd be so very, very grateful!

Thanks for all your time and help :)

Nikki
NikkiWardArt.deviantart.com

If you've paid, you're good. Confirmation emails weren't sent out due to the rush.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby NikkiWardArt » Mon May 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Whew, okay! You're the best, thank you so much for your response <3 See you all at the con! <3
NikkiWardArt

Postby radtastical » Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm

I know you guys said that nothing can really be changed until at the actual con, but I was hoping to be placed next to Cute Creations, because we were also planning on splitting our two tables with a third artist. And I just wanted to see if that could still potentially be possible, if we ask about it when we get to the con?
radtastical

Postby ShinobiOnToast » Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Starrydance wrote:You'll need to be put off a corner, no big deal. Ill let Hastur know but it might not be fixed til live @ Con.

And you prolly did, we had to rush through things due to the late date of ALLTHETHINGS this year

Great! Thanks very much.
ShinobiOnToast

Postby Zynchilada » Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 am

I did a little photoshop tweaking and made this thing (warning: large image ahoy): http://i.imgur.com/tCalnx8.jpg

I used the hilton map from here http://www.a-kon.com/?attachment_id=1978 and added an overlay of the AA map from the A-kon Guidebook App, along with a google maps snippet of the anatole. Apologies if it's totally wrong, but I wanted to try and visualize the space and thought I may as well share. Hope it's helpful! uwu
Etsy store
Zynchilada

PreviousNext

Return to 2013