Akon 2013 Map!

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 6:57 am

Zynchilada wrote:I did a little photoshop tweaking and made this thing (warning: large image ahoy): http://i.imgur.com/tCalnx8.jpg

I used the hilton map from here http://www.a-kon.com/?attachment_id=1978 and added an overlay of the AA map from the A-kon Guidebook App, along with a google maps snippet of the anatole. Apologies if it's totally wrong, but I wanted to try and visualize the space and thought I may as well share. Hope it's helpful! uwu



You get a giant friggin gold star.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 6:58 am

radtastical wrote:I know you guys said that nothing can really be changed until at the actual con, but I was hoping to be placed next to Cute Creations, because we were also planning on splitting our two tables with a third artist. And I just wanted to see if that could still potentially be possible, if we ask about it when we get to the con?


Im going to swap some tables (ones we clearly made mistakes on) and Ill add you to the list. I can not promise Hastur will bring my map to the convention over her own, but just tell con ops.

There will (hopefully!) be some leeway due to the map being last second.

As you folks recall theres always a few swaps due to our oops, so it SHOULD be fine.

I didnt get to it yesterday but I should today.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 am

Shoot, Aisha and Shinobi what are your table names?

Gah. *digs for the signup information*
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Aisha » Tue May 28, 2013 9:01 am

Starrydance wrote:Shoot, Aisha and Shinobi what are your table names?

Gah. *digs for the signup information*

I'm Kat Girl Crochet.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
User avatar
Aisha
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am
Location: Dallas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Shattered-Earth » Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 am

So would it be correct to guess that island G with the staff tables are going to be at the "back" of the room? I just want to orient myself here XD, just got back from anime boston wooh busy busy!
Shattered-Earth
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 am

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 am

Aisha wrote:
Starrydance wrote:Shoot, Aisha and Shinobi what are your table names?

Gah. *digs for the signup information*

I'm Kat Girl Crochet.


Danke *makes note*
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby tachiik » Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am

Ladre i don't know my neighbors either BUT at least we're close
User avatar
tachiik
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby tachiik » Tue May 28, 2013 9:52 am

HOLY CRAP!!!! i'm right in front of the copic people....excuse me while i drool all over your markers all weekend and throw money at you.
User avatar
tachiik
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby X-Chan » Tue May 28, 2013 10:52 am

Starrydance wrote:
radtastical wrote:I know you guys said that nothing can really be changed until at the actual con, but I was hoping to be placed next to Cute Creations, because we were also planning on splitting our two tables with a third artist. And I just wanted to see if that could still potentially be possible, if we ask about it when we get to the con?


Im going to swap some tables (ones we clearly made mistakes on) and Ill add you to the list. I can not promise Hastur will bring my map to the convention over her own, but just tell con ops.

There will (hopefully!) be some leeway due to the map being last second.

As you folks recall theres always a few swaps due to our oops, so it SHOULD be fine.

I didnt get to it yesterday but I should today.


Hi Starry,

I posted a similar request on the first page but didn't see a response from you. Just wondering if you have my request on the list as well?

Thanks.
X-Chan
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:19 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Spizzy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:01 am

I hope G doesn't turn out to be 'butt-side A section' like we're anticipating it is...Seeing it actually placed in there makes me really nervous for our location
User avatar
Spizzy
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby ShinobiOnToast » Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 pm

>> Shinobi, what's your table name?
Ah, sorry. I'm under Hinton Facepainting.

>>[a few posts above this thread] I'm offline as of today...
</paraphrased>
Shoot... I think I may've missed you, Spizzy, sorry about that.
User avatar
ShinobiOnToast
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby AshHavynn » Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

This is precisely why they ask for a description of your display in the signups, guys! If you can't do a corner table you need to say you can't do a corner table. I have that in my table description, which I copy paste every year so there's reason for me to forget.

Also, STARRYYYYYY YOU'RE SO FAR AWAY FROM MEEE

And omg I'll be able to just walk across the room to the copics people I am so excited. I won't be missing out on my discount copics on site this year!

In other news I don't believe I'm familiar with any of my neighbors. Hello. How are you. We're gonna get chummy, especially when we're breaking change with each other.
User avatar
AshHavynn
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Aisha » Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm fine with a corner table as long as the person sharing my corner doesn't get up in my space. Sadly, I don't know any of the people near me, nor have I seen them on these forums.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
User avatar
Aisha
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am
Location: Dallas

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby ShinobiOnToast » Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

And I didn't realize that I couldn't work in a corner until I saw the map--which is sorta my fault, I know. I've been to A-Kon and even in the AA before, there was time to scope out how booths worked all over the map. ><
User avatar
ShinobiOnToast
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Akon 2013 Map!

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 1:18 pm

X-Chan wrote:
Starrydance wrote:
radtastical wrote:I know you guys said that nothing can really be changed until at the actual con, but I was hoping to be placed next to Cute Creations, because we were also planning on splitting our two tables with a third artist. And I just wanted to see if that could still potentially be possible, if we ask about it when we get to the con?


Im going to swap some tables (ones we clearly made mistakes on) and Ill add you to the list. I can not promise Hastur will bring my map to the convention over her own, but just tell con ops.

There will (hopefully!) be some leeway due to the map being last second.

As you folks recall theres always a few swaps due to our oops, so it SHOULD be fine.

I didnt get to it yesterday but I should today.


Hi Starry,

I posted a similar request on the first page but didn't see a response from you. Just wondering if you have my request on the list as well?

Thanks.


Where do you need to moved and why, please? Give all the names involved.

Kind of jugggling a lot of my own stuff today so will only be able to steal seconds.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

PreviousNext

Return to 2013

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron