A-Kon; the Aftermath. Feedback and more

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: A-Kon; the Aftermath. Feedback and more

Postby Buzzard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

Hastur wrote:I'll actually be collecting stuff from this thread, so if you have something to say, lay on. However it will also be edited for general readability and language *cough* Buzzard *cough* - even if I find the language to be entertaining as hell.

Heyheyhey, I am totally capable of being polite to obnoxious jerkwad customers with money in their hands; you're Boss Lady, though, so you deserve actual honesty. I can resubmit issues as a professional-language incident report if you want; I write those all the time.
Buzzard

Postby Hastur » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Re-read that last 11 words. I know it's your way of doing things. I just have to condense/edit stuff before turning it in. If you complain about the ten ham-handed people that thought they could get away with fucking STEALING your badges and then trying to copy them and try to make you think you are losing your mind by accusing you of bloody theft - that becomes "One person had ten attempts at robbery and bootleg of his art. We need more people on Con Patrol because if one is complaining, you can bet that there are others who have the same complaint that are not."

However, that said: Everyone remember that others read this board. If you are going to say something that might out-snark Buzzard (yeah, like THAT could happen), then remember that others who read it WILL give you flak. Never be afraid to PM me or Starry or Spizzy or Meauho. Better yet, PM all four of us, and don't bitch if we don't get back to you immediately. By the same token, as long as you have a sense of humor about it, go wild. I love some of the giggle fits you guys have given. I only get angry when people get massively whiney.

In other news, the gong reference was a joke. I am not going to re-create the scene from Curse of the Golden Flower - no matter how funny it would be to get the announcer to learn to say that his hat is on fire in Mandarin. Nor am I going to make up new names for the islands that are conflated BS that masquerades as a line from some random Haiku. There is no way that I am going to be giving instructions to someone's GRANDMOTHER who is looking for her child that go, "Go all the way to Dragons Throw Dice for the Sea, turn the corner at Whifflebat Plush, and it's right across from Celestial Emperor Holds Tiny Kitten, where the dragon maker is." She would call the nice young men in the clean white coats in a HEARTBEAT.

Flags/signs for the Islands - bloody brilliant. Adding it to the list.
Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions. - Blaise Pascal
Hastur

Postby Shattered-Earth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:34 am

FWIW I use FreedomPop to get a wifi hotspot (uses 4D and 3G now i think), my model only uses 4G and I had perfect reception all weekend. It's a $80 one time purchase (unless the new 4g/3g models cost more) and you start with a 500mb limit which is more than enough to use square. NO monthly fee if you stay under 500mb a month.

It's tons cheaper than paying to get wifi at cons if you don't have a data plan @_@
Shattered-Earth

Postby Buzzard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Shattered-Earth wrote:FWIW I use FreedomPop to get a wifi hotspot (uses 4D and 3G now i think), my model only uses 4G and I had perfect reception all weekend. It's a $80 one time purchase (unless the new 4g/3g models cost more) and you start with a 500mb limit which is more than enough to use square. NO monthly fee if you stay under 500mb a month.

It's tons cheaper than paying to get wifi at cons if you don't have a data plan @_@

BLESS YOU MY CHILD, GO YE FORTH AND WORK GREAT WONDERS

...Signed up for that bad boy just now; hopefully it'll be here before Fiesta Equestria. Thank you!
Buzzard

Postby Shattered-Earth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:06 am

Buzzard wrote:
Shattered-Earth wrote:FWIW I use FreedomPop to get a wifi hotspot (uses 4D and 3G now i think), my model only uses 4G and I had perfect reception all weekend. It's a $80 one time purchase (unless the new 4g/3g models cost more) and you start with a 500mb limit which is more than enough to use square. NO monthly fee if you stay under 500mb a month.

BLESS YOU MY CHILD, GO YE FORTH AND WORK GREAT WONDERS

...Signed up for that bad boy just now; hopefully it'll be here before Fiesta Equestria. Thank you!

For sure, make sure you use at least 5mb every month to avoid the maintenance charge (just browse tumblr once a month LOL) and disable the option that lets you go over 500mb, that way you don't get charged if you use over accidentally, tho if you don't use it for anything but square you will NOT go over hahahaha. Happy surfing, now that it uses 3G you'd be covered almost anywhere unlike me cause some cons still don't have 4g hahahah v_v
Shattered-Earth

Previous

Return to 2013