A-Kon Rules and FAQ

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: A-Kon Rules and FAQ

Postby astropunch » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi! I have a quick question about the purchasing process for the tables! I have someone who will be sharing the table with me, but I'm not sure if I selected additional passes during sign up. I'm pretty sure I did, but I guess I'm asking is will there be an option to add in badges to the final amount? Thanks! :>
tumblr - astropunch
portfolio - amandabell.net
astropunch

Postby Starrydance » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Yes, you should be able to get additional badges easily! I just dont know how, Ill ask Hastur tomorrow!
Starrydance

Postby curry2386 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:38 am

Hey guys : )! I have a question about display height rules? I can't seem to find it on the forums, but when I search "height" "display" and dimensions" it always tells me those are too general words so there are too many results.

Anyway! I was planning on making a pvc stand that's themed like the entrance to a Japanese shrine. Kinda like these but much simpler haha : http://www.japan-guide.com/g7/3941_01.jpg
I was planning on making that about 5' in height, and then have a fox laying on top who is another 8" - 10".

Is this too tall? Is it okay to make a display like this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 11.37.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 11.37.54 AM.png (56.77 KiB) Viewed 2524 times
curry2386

Postby Spizzy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:26 pm

I recall somewhere (probably on the rules page when we did actual signs ups) that the height limit was specifically 8 feet off the table, with stable support, which would make it about 11 feet total from the ground? (I can't recall how tall the tables are).

Somewhat related, we had no rules stating you can't have behind-the-table displays as long as you keep within your space, as far as I know.

five feet sounds a bit tall, if you consider you'll probably be sitting a lot but I would say from your current plans that about be right about the limit so you should be fine, just make sure it doesn't bleed over the 6 foot allowance on the sides!
Spizzy

Postby Starrydance » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:32 pm

curry2386 wrote:Hey guys : )! I have a question about display height rules? I can't seem to find it on the forums, but when I search "height" "display" and dimensions" it always tells me those are too general words so there are too many results.

Anyway! I was planning on making a pvc stand that's themed like the entrance to a Japanese shrine. Kinda like these but much simpler haha : http://www.japan-guide.com/g7/3941_01.jpg
I was planning on making that about 5' in height, and then have a fox laying on top who is another 8" - 10".

Is this too tall? Is it okay to make a display like this?

"Displays may only be 8 feet off the table, and stable. They may not hang into the aisle or into another’s booth. If your neighbors complain about you infringing on their space, you will be given ONE warning and only one to work with the neighbors."

This should be fine, the plush wouldnt count persay, so that would count as 5 feet off the table. Youre good!
Starrydance

Postby curry2386 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 am

Hey thanks so much for your replies! The fox is going to be a painted, 1/4" cut piece of MDF, so I think he should technically add to the height?? I love that you assumed he's a plushy though!! That would be totally cute!

It sounds like I just need to make sure the width doesn't exceed the 6'! Thanks so much!
curry2386

Postby Starrydance » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 pm

curry2386 wrote:Hey thanks so much for your replies! The fox is going to be a painted, 1/4" cut piece of MDF, so I think he should technically add to the height?? I love that you assumed he's a plushy though!! That would be totally cute!

It sounds like I just need to make sure the width doesn't exceed the 6'! Thanks so much!

Yup youre good, we just dont want towers to the sky that might fall more than anything else ^_^
Starrydance

Postby yiamme » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi there! I just wanted to ask a few questions about the wait list. A few weeks ago the newsletter said that artists on the waitlist should look for another email with more information. However I never got an email about my table, AlpacaArts, which was listed on the wait list.
Also, when will I know if I have been taken off the wait list or not?

Thanks so much!
yiamme

Postby Starrydance » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

yiamme wrote:Hi there! I just wanted to ask a few questions about the wait list. A few weeks ago the newsletter said that artists on the waitlist should look for another email with more information. However I never got an email about my table, AlpacaArts, which was listed on the wait list.
Also, when will I know if I have been taken off the wait list or not?

Thanks so much!

There have been no emails sent out about the wait list. If you have received emails, then your email is fine. When an artist comes up as next, we email and wait 3 days for a response and payment.

There will be no movement likely for weeks yet - at this point we MUST wait for the absolute, no really, absolutely final guest list that need tables before we can assign any artisans past what we have paid and ready at the moment.

You will NOT be taken off the wait list, we dont do that. We go down, in FCFS order, but it wont be anytime before at least next weekend.
Starrydance

Postby yiamme » Wed May 20, 2015 10:04 pm

Hey Starrydance! Just to be clear about the onsite sign-ups for the tables, do you mean that the sign-ups will be on Thursday June 4th at 5:00 at the convention? The email just said Thursday, so I wasn't sure if it meant we had to go to a website link to sign up this coming Thursday May 21st or we had to go to the convention to sign up on Thursday June 4th.

Also has the wait list moved yet? And if I haven't received an email with an invoice, is it safe to assume I won't get a table? I know that there was little to no movement in the wait list this year, so I just wanted to check.
yiamme

Postby Aisha » Wed May 20, 2015 11:00 pm

yiamme wrote:Hey Starrydance! Just to be clear about the onsite sign-ups for the tables, do you mean that the sign-ups will be on Thursday June 4th at 5:00 at the convention? The email just said Thursday, so I wasn't sure if it meant we had to go to a website link to sign up this coming Thursday May 21st or we had to go to the convention to sign up on Thursday June 4th.

Also has the wait list moved yet? And if I haven't received an email with an invoice, is it safe to assume I won't get a table? I know that there was little to no movement in the wait list this year, so I just wanted to check.

It is in person at the convention.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Starrydance » Thu May 21, 2015 1:19 am

yiamme wrote:Hey Starrydance! Just to be clear about the onsite sign-ups for the tables, do you mean that the sign-ups will be on Thursday June 4th at 5:00 at the convention? The email just said Thursday, so I wasn't sure if it meant we had to go to a website link to sign up this coming Thursday May 21st or we had to go to the convention to sign up on Thursday June 4th.

There is no wait list movement due to map changes. There will be no wait list movement from now on, its just too close and there are still Guests waiting for tables, too boot!

I dont have anything to do with onsite reg, but yes, June 4th 5pm at AA Ops, bring your Tax ID and your URL as it says in the email.

Nothing more will be done online ^_^
Starrydance

Postby Aisha » Thu May 21, 2015 2:55 am

Starrydance wrote:

There is no wait list movement due to map changes. There will be no wait list movement from now on, its just too close and there are still Guests waiting for tables, too boot!

I dont have anything to do with onsite reg, but yes, June 4th 5pm at AA Ops, bring your Tax ID and your URL as it says in the email.

Psst, the email didn't say anything about the Tax ID being required for onsite.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Starrydance » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 am

Aisha wrote:
Starrydance wrote:

Psst, the email didn't say anything about the Tax ID being required for onsite.

If you show up without your Tax ID in Texas and try to sell stuff at a convention, then youre going to have a bad time. I dont send the emails out, but I figure anyone that will show up ready to go will have a Tax ID. Also, we have only so many we can send a day so I will request an addition to any more going out. Thanks!
Starrydance

Previous

Return to 2015