A-Kon Rules and FAQ

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: A-Kon Rules and FAQ

Postby Starrydance » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 am

Kiriska wrote:I can't tell you how much I freakin' love 8' tables. I would pay more for an 8' table.

*dreamily agrees*
Starrydance

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm

For people who need to request extra badges (or get them refunded if they've already been paid for), We have a tentative cut off of around the 17th of May (two weeks before friday of the con). Will update if we get a different date but this is the general time frame when you should start getting all that taken care of
Spizzy

Postby Aisha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Spizzy wrote:For people who need to request extra badges (or get them refunded if they've already been paid for), We have a tentative cut off of around the 17th of May (two weeks before friday of the con). Will update if we get a different date but this is the general time frame when you should start getting all that taken care of

Just curious, who do I contact about needing another badge? I don't need one now, nor know if I'll need one, but just knowing who to email is better than needing and not knowing.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Spizzy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Aisha wrote:
Spizzy wrote:For people who need to request extra badges (or get them refunded if they've already been paid for), We have a tentative cut off of around the 17th of May (two weeks before friday of the con). Will update if we get a different date but this is the general time frame when you should start getting all that taken care of

Just curious, who do I contact about needing another badge? I don't need one now, nor know if I'll need one, but just knowing who to email is better than needing and not knowing.

just send an email to the akonaa gmail address with your business name, full name, maybe a tax id just to make it easier, and let us know you need more badges
Spizzy

Postby Aisha » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Spizzy wrote:
Aisha wrote:

just send an email to the akonaa gmail address with your business name, full name, maybe a tax id just to make it easier, and let us know you need more badges

Sweet.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Postby Foolish Mortal » Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 am

Okay - kinda an odd question. I know we are not allowed logos. No permission from the owners and companies etc.

What about the situations where the companies handed over the logos? http://www.teamfortress.com/artwork.php - Valve sort of did that with the TF2 stuff. Like Photoshop files and vectors and all.
Foolish Mortal

Postby Starrydance » Tue May 28, 2013 6:56 am

Foolish Mortal wrote:Okay - kinda an odd question. I know we are not allowed logos. No permission from the owners and companies etc.

What about the situations where the companies handed over the logos? http://www.teamfortress.com/artwork.php - Valve sort of did that with the TF2 stuff. Like Photoshop files and vectors and all.

Id say still to err on the safe side. It says projects, not "to sell things".
Starrydance

Postby Spizzy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 am

Starrydance wrote:
Foolish Mortal wrote:Okay - kinda an odd question. I know we are not allowed logos. No permission from the owners and companies etc.

exactly. That would be if you're making modifications for the game and such or fangames or whatever, not for commercial use.
Spizzy

Postby Foolish Mortal » Tue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Spizzy wrote:
Starrydance wrote:

exactly. That would be if you're making modifications for the game and such or fangames or whatever, not for commercial use.

Figured - was just double checking.
Foolish Mortal

Postby Foolish Mortal » Thu May 30, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay two questions about Check in

One - do we HAVE to be there on Thursday?

Two - if we check in on Friday to set up - do we use the loading dock like the email instructs?
Foolish Mortal

Postby jensequitur » Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Good question - I won't be able to move in until Friday evening, so I hope the Wycliff entrance is still open.
jensequitur

Postby Zynchilada » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Just FYI, the "Do not enter, hotel staff only" sign you need to pass to get to the AA loading dock is past the "Hotel Deliveries" sign/area, so look for that first along Wycliff.
Etsy store
Zynchilada

Postby kieshar » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Portfolio example question:

If there are product we want to sell but have not made them yet but we have examples of style and the final look we are going for, would we be able to use give an idea what I am going for and what I am capable of for the Jury to look at?

Specifically in the past I have made both a unicorn pooping a rainbow scarf and Hoods for both Sherlock, Tardis and Okami. they would be what I would use to demonstrate.
kieshar

Postby Starrydance » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:58 pm

kieshar wrote:Portfolio example question:

If there are product we want to sell but have not made them yet but we have examples of style and the final look we are going for, would we be able to use give an idea what I am going for and what I am capable of for the Jury to look at?

Specifically in the past I have made both a unicorn pooping a rainbow scarf and Hoods for both Sherlock, Tardis and Okami. they would be what I would use to demonstrate.

That will be fine! For those of you who do more one of a kind items each convention instead of a print portfolio "things like these" are perfectly acceptable.

We dont expect everyone will know EXACTLY what they will be doing for Akon, but as long as its a ballpark we are all good.
Starrydance

Postby kieshar » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Starrydance wrote:
That will be fine! For those of you who do more one of a kind items each convention instead of a print portfolio "things like these" are perfectly acceptable.

We dont expect everyone will know EXACTLY what they will be doing for Akon, but as long as its a ballpark we are all good.

thank you <3
kieshar

PreviousNext

Return to 2015