2016 News and Announcements!

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Shattered-Earth » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:51 pm

I actually actively noticed the little new red notices addressing confusion from last year LOL. Like the badges, the url field accepting http:// better, etc. Preemptively answered a lot of questions from last year so thanks a bunch for that :D
Shattered-Earth
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 am

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:06 am

Shattered-Earth wrote:I actually actively noticed the little new red notices addressing confusion from last year LOL. Like the badges, the url field accepting http:// better, etc. Preemptively answered a lot of questions from last year so thanks a bunch for that :D


Yay I tried to make it more clear because I know its confusing.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:34 am

The counter is now counting down to the true Registration!
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby DianaSprinkle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Ugh, I missed the test thing. Could someone describe what is on the first page? Was it the same as last year?
DianaSprinkle
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Sekaris » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:54 pm

I noticed there wasn't a spot for a ninja name/AKA this year, so I was wondering if the Artist/Table Name be the name associated with our Texas Tax ID, or just what table name we'd like to be listed as. I'm generally assuming it's the former.

There were also two tiny typos on the action confirmation pages, but you guys might have already caught them.

"You now have 15 mintues to fill in the rest of the form."
"Thank you for Registering with A-kon Artist Ally 2016!"

/////

@DianaSparkle It's pretty much the same as last year, with the addition of the notes:

Display Description
IF SHARING A TABLE INCLUDE
GALLERY LINK AND TAX ID HERE


I would like to sit by
PLEASE USE ARTIST NAMES

I do not want sit near
PLEASE USE ARTIST NAMES
Sekaris
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 am
Location: Carrollton, TX

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Sekaris wrote:I noticed there wasn't a spot for a ninja name/AKA this year, so I was wondering if the Artist/Table Name be the name associated with our Texas Tax ID, or just what table name we'd like to be listed as. I'm generally assuming it's the former.

There were also two tiny typos on the action confirmation pages, but you guys might have already caught them.

"You now have 15 mintues to fill in the rest of the form."
"Thank you for Registering with A-kon Artist Ally 2016!"

/////

@DianaSparkle It's pretty much the same as last year, with the addition of the notes:

Display Description
IF SHARING A TABLE INCLUDE
GALLERY LINK AND TAX ID HERE


I would like to sit by
PLEASE USE ARTIST NAMES

I do not want sit near
PLEASE USE ARTIST NAMES



Aaahh! Thank you for the typos, Ill fix those tomorrow. And as listed here, thats the bulk of the change.

The reason with the change of the Ninja Name (although its one of the legacy questions) is that many people get kind of flustered when its check in time, or they email us and they need three tries to get us the "right name."

So narrowing it down to Table / Artist name and a legal name we hope to make less confusing for just everyone!
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Buzzard » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 am

Ah, great, missed the test so I'll be going into the timed first page completely cold.

...Hanging around in the hallway with all my stuff and hoping a spot opens up on Saturday morning it is!
Buzzard
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:14 am

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Buzzard wrote:Ah, great, missed the test so I'll be going into the timed first page completely cold.

...Hanging around in the hallway with all my stuff and hoping a spot opens up on Saturday morning it is!


First timed page is exactly the same as its been for ages, we made no changes there other than purely cosmetic.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Buzzard » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Starrydance wrote:First timed page is exactly the same as its been for ages, we made no changes there other than purely cosmetic.

Yeah, but Firefox's most recent update apparently cleared all the stored form data-- so I won't have any data persistence from last year-- and no autocomplete for name/name/name/tax ID equals not much of a chance with ~1200 other people gunning for the same 250 targets. Every edge counts, for or against. -_-;

Will there be info after the mad scrabble on the 7th about when the line for onsite signups will open for the waitlisted, or have y'all not been given that from on high yet?

It'll be fun to see who else in the Dealer's Room will be furiously typing on their laptops while Ushicon is wrapping up on Sunday, at least!
Buzzard
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:14 am

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Starrydance wrote:First timed page is exactly the same as its been for ages, we made no changes there other than purely cosmetic.

Yeah, but Firefox's most recent update apparently cleared all the stored form data-- so I won't have any data persistence from last year-- and no autocomplete for name/name/name/tax ID equals not much of a chance with ~1200 other people gunning for the same 250 targets. Every edge counts, for or against. -_-;

Will there be info after the mad scrabble on the 7th about when the line for onsite signups will open for the waitlisted, or have y'all not been given that from on high yet?

It'll be fun to see who else in the Dealer's Room will be furiously typing on their laptops while Ushicon is wrapping up on Sunday, at least!



Considering the amount of folks that tested it, thats really putting a big marker against everyone else that doesnt really exist. Under 30 people tested, so its a pretty level playing field.

The on site is our system, and will be like it always is. Onsite, starts on Thursday before A-kon, have your Tax ID, go down the list, etc etc etc. Guest tables that go unused MIGHT roll over to the Onsite as, of course, if they get nabbed back up 3 days before the Con, we cant tell an artist lol-nevermind.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:56 pm

If anyone wants to pre-Akon chat - password is ohdeer
https://chatstep.com/#AkonAA
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas


Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Adyon » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Starrydance wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Starrydance wrote:First timed page is exactly the same as its been for ages, we made no changes there other than purely cosmetic.

Yeah, but Firefox's most recent update apparently cleared all the stored form data-- so I won't have any data persistence from last year-- and no autocomplete for name/name/name/tax ID equals not much of a chance with ~1200 other people gunning for the same 250 targets. Every edge counts, for or against. -_-;

Considering the amount of folks that tested it, thats really putting a big marker against everyone else that doesnt really exist. Under 30 people tested, so its a pretty level playing field.

Speaking as one who did test it...I forgot auto-complete would even work so I did it without. That's one less of the 30 you had to worry about. ;) I at least was prepped with "Happy Corgi Studio" copied for easy pasting though, since it's longer than typing my tax ID fast.
User avatar
Adyon
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Winston-Salem

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Signups are officially closed, there will be no getting upon the Jury List or any Wait List for 2016. The Jury is now in Session!
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

Re: 2016 News and Announcements!

Postby Starrydance » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:24 pm

All registration emails should be sent out, if you signed up and do not get one - check your spam filters or direct contact us.
User avatar
Starrydance
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: McKinney Texas

PreviousNext

Return to 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron