Table Displays and Solutions

Discuss supplies, ask questions, and anything else about the money making side game.

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Table Displays and Solutions

Postby AshHavynn » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 pm

I want to use this thread to post pictures of your most recent or effective table displays, ask questions about improving your display, or offer tips!

This is my table display from 2013. It's about one row of cubes taller now, but otherwise there's little change. The wire cubes always feel very flimsy, and are pretty dang ugly, but I just can't think of a better solution and PVC is currently out of the question.

The wood cubes at the bottom I got from a store that was closing (these are the best places to find things for your table!), and I absolutely love them. They're sturdy and strong and I can usually hide my snacks behind my button display.

Which also needs to be remade, soon.
The button display I use is literally just a t-shirt I hot glued over a piece of foam board with a sheet of quilt batting over it and stapled the back down. I will probably craft the next one in the exact same fashion, as it is very effective.

What are the best and worst parts of your tables, guys?
AshHavynn

Re: Table Displays and Solutions

Postby Aisha » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

OMG! That dolly Drifloon hoodie! I want it!

As for displays, I always have issues with transporting and assembling/teardown with mine. Especially when I don't have a minion to help.
AKA ThakYuki
Twitter Etsy deviantART
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.
Aisha

Re: Table Displays and Solutions

Postby Buzzard » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:26 am

AshHavynn wrote:The wood cubes at the bottom I got from a store that was closing (these are the best places to find things for your table!)

All of my display infrastructure I either found in recycling bins (metal build-a-cart pipes and warehouse shelving racks for the behind-table display, reusable zip ties that hold the racks on the frame), dumpsters (badge display rack and the office chair bases that hold up the behind-table display), or on the side of the road (build-a-cube tabletop display)-- my scavenging game is strong.

Here was my display last year, but it hasn't changed much; not pictured is a two or three high build-a-cube box on the other side of the table, with greeting cards and small prints on it. The entire table setup breaks down onto a sturdy cart-- which I also built out of recycle bin scrap metal-- that fits through standard doorways and onto elevators, and the modular nature of it means it can be adjusted to fit whatever conditions at that con happen to be. I also carry pieces of (salvaged, of course) plywood and C clamps to use as table extenders to give myself extra horizontal display space if there's room.
Buzzard

Return to Business of the Alleys