Flying to sell.

Discuss supplies, ask questions, and anything else about the money making side game.

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Flying to sell.

Postby SinisterKitten » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey guys,I remember on the old forums there were quite a few topics about flying out to sell at cons,like what to pack,how to pack it,shipping things,etc.

I'm about to take a big step and go to Otakon this year. We're flying,and I'll be shipping most of my stock to the hotel to pick up. But I have a few questions.

1) Have you ever had any problems with TSA when flying with your stock or tools?

2) What kind of display did you use,and how did you transport it?

3) Did you ship your stock? What boxes/methods/packing methods did you use?

4) How did any stock you put in your actual suitcase fare?

And any other info you think may be helpful. :3
Thanks! :D
SinisterKitten

Re: Flying to sell.

Postby Kiriska » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 am

I'm also flying to Otakon and shipping a lot of stock directly from printers/suppliers to my friend near Baltimore. It's my first time flying all of my display stuff out, so I'm not sure how it's gonna go, but here's what I'm doing I guess. x___x

1) When I moved to WA, I had random con stuff in checked bags, so I know buttons and PVC cutters and such are okay for checked luggage. Would not attempt to put that stuff in a carry-on though.

2) Gonna bring my PVC in a checked bag.

3) I'm shipping from straight from my suppliers, so no extra packing. It's all new stock I'm shipping.

4) I will be bringing some older/leftover stock in my checked bag too though -- prints and posters and matted art show pieces in a cardboard box. I did this when I went back to TX for Comicpalooza/A-kon too and they weren't damaged at all save a few scuffed corners/edges.

GOOD LUCKKKK. I'm really stressed out about Otakon ahahaha. ;3;
Kiriska

Return to Business of the Alleys