Is The $300 Table Price A Typo? A Joke, Maybe?

Here be all things A-kon Artist Alley

Moderators: Spizzy, meauho, Hastur, Starrydance

Is The $300 Table Price A Typo? A Joke, Maybe?

Postby Buzzard » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 pm

...Because I've finally found something that will keep me from attending A-Kon for the first time since 1994 if y'all are serious about this. $300 for an artist alley table is ridiculous, plain and simple.
Buzzard

Re: Is The $300 Table Price A Typo? A Joke, Maybe?

Postby Starrydance » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Buzzard wrote:...Because I've finally found something that will keep me from attending A-Kon for the first time since 1994 if y'all are serious about this. $300 for an artist alley table is ridiculous, plain and simple.

Its not a joke. It comes with Two Badges, a larger table area (still a 6x2 table), free parking for four days, secure room overnight, at the #2 anime convention in the country. Of course not everyone needs two badges or parking, but the hotel prices will be much lower compared to around the Anatole, as well.

We are hoping to add more things to that list once everything is finalized at the new venue, but deducting badge prices from last year that table was $85. Most of Texas AAs were actually more expensive, counting badges.

The price will stay steady for the next three years. I am sorry if you see it as ridiculous, but it is actually in step with what most Alleys charge, and thats before an extra badge, parking, and the other things we hope to get finalized.
Starrydance

Return to A-kon Artist Alley